Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Kraken Loves Cthulhu for Valentines Day


Kraken Loves Cthulhu for Valentine’s Day:

Valentine’s Day has been pretty uneventful for us. The day went officially unacknowledged at both kids’ schools. Gone are the days of homemade Valentines for the whole class collected in a decorated shoebox. Both kids and my spouse claim to have little or no interest in chocolate, so not much gratification there either. 

But I couldn’t let the day pass completely without comment. 

We are still on a bit of a tentacle kick around here. Cthulhu mostly, but in a pinch, a Kraken will do. 

My exacting younger son informed me that the Kraken is too octopuslike and not squidy enough. He also suggested that the ultimate Valentine’s Day image would be of two roses exchanging or sniffing a human. Perhaps next year?

And I just want to point out that I have not assumed the gender of either tentacle owner. (My kids have been embroidering the “did you just assume my gender meme” lately. More to come on that later, I am afraid)

View our previous valentines here

No comments:

Post a Comment