Thursday, December 10, 2015

Alien and Predator Holiday Selfie


If it bleeds, we can celebrate Christmas with it.

Christmas is a pretty secular holiday at our house. When I was a child, I thought I could be both Jewish and Christian at the same time. But the reality is that despite the lighting of Hanukkah candles and the trimming of Christmas trees, we are not playing for either team.

But we can embrace the general spirit of generosity and togetherness in the season... particularly when it comes to the characters from violent movie and video game franchises.  The Santa/Rudolph theme is popular with the kids even if they don't have the same irrational affection for the old stop motion Rudolph TV show that I do.

I am afraid that they have more affection for the Alien vs Predator franchise in fact.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, you just made my week! I first came to your blog because of an alien that you drew, and I got hooked and stuck around. Sometimes when there's a long run of ewoks or cats I briefly consider asking you to toss in an alien, but, hey, you're doing these napkins for your boys, not me (darn it). So let me just plant a seed for the coming year: there's just no such thing as too many aliens.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think my older son would agree with you about the aliens.
      I will definitely keep that in mind.
      Happy holidays to you also!

      Delete