Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Doctor Who and Paddington with Sonic Screwdriver


Time Traveler with Talking Bear Engaged in Self Penetrative Act with Multifunctional Tool:

We had a bit of a resurgence of interest in Doctor Who over the weekend.  When I asked if all the discussions about The Doctor meant that there should be related napkin this week, my younger son replied immediately that I should draw him with Paddington Bear putting the Sonic Screwdriver in his ear.

Perhaps this was a case of unfinished business. There had been a similar request back when the Paddington movie came out, and I had refrained from drawing the bear with the device actually inserted:
http://ninaslevy.blogspot.com/2015/01/paddinton-earns-doctor-whos-disapproval.html
select the image to see the previous post

Looking at it now, I don't think it is any more disturbing to see the Sonic Screwdriver in Paddington's ear than it was to see the earwax.... on the napkin, or in the movie.

But on further reflection, I am not certain if my son actually wanted me to draw Paddington putting the Screwdriver in Mr. Capaldi's ear....

No comments:

Post a Comment