Friday, November 14, 2014

Sea Otter with Crab for Lunch


Ansel is pretty excited about his research project on Sea Otters,  Thus, we have a rare napkin free of trademarked character infringement, featuring a real animal in a real environment without lasers or a jet pack.

Did you know that Sea Otters can weigh up to 90 lbs? And that they have something between 26,000 and 165,000 hairs per square centimeter of skin, yet they never have to comb it because it never gets tangled?

At least that is what Ansel tells me.

The crab is not particularly accurate.  Around midnight last night, I realized I was making it cooked crab color.  There are crabs with shells in that color range, but I cannot say if they are on the menu for this sort of sea otter.  I just thought it would be nice if the crab popped out from the background...or maybe I wasn't really thinking and was just drawing a cooked crab?

No comments:

Post a Comment